It is a proven fact that when it comes to children’s education the learning environment is key to a child’s development. Classrooms that are bright, airy, and welcoming provide a stimulating place to learn. Here at Springfield, we not only understand and offer massive design choices to ensure we meet all individual requirements we also pay great attention to the critical safety aspect for all our buildings.
Some of the most important factors to consider when designing a nursery are clearly safety followed by fun rolled up into a welcoming educational and social environment for our children. To ensure these factors are facilitated and the right learning environment is created, a bespoke space is needed – and a portable building is ideal for this!
Portable Buildings for Nurseries
Within the educational sector, time and money are often limited resources and portable buildings provide a cost-effective alternative to traditional builds, as well as having a much faster lead time.
Our buildings are modern, bespoke units that can match your exacting requirements, with massive choice both internally and externally. For both schools and nurseries, as well as standard classrooms, each of our buildings can be specified and fitted out as suitable for use as assembly halls, IT suites, after school club areas, laboratories, canteens, exclusion & reflection rooms, and many more options.
Look at a couple of case studies to see some nurseries we have previously provided:
- 4 Bay Modular Nursery Extension to Primary School
- New Modular Nursery Building for Butterflies Day Nursery
We are recognised as industry leaders in delivering the space to suit the aspirations of the most demanding of situations and have almost 50 years-experience delivering educational units across the UK. From all our previous work and research, we offer a variety of safety features for children in school and nurseries, such as:
- Roller blinds with anti-ligature mechanisms to prevent accidents.
- Soft-close doors to stop fingers from getting trapped.
- Anti-scald taps to children can wash their hands with warm soapy water, without the worry of them getting hurt.
- Lockable, solar tinted windows which protect against harmful UV rays.
- Wheelchair and buggy friendly facilities throughout the building.
- Wheelchair-accessible showers and wet rooms.
- Accessible ramps.
- Door & window finger guards.
- Low-level toilets and height-adjustable washbasins so that the bathroom is perfect for all children.
- Lighting proven to enhance learning.
- Electronically controlled roof skylights with automated ventilation management and rain sensors.
- Intervention rooms.
- Access control on external doors.
- Heavy-duty plasterboard to provide increased impact resistance & soundproofing to a 35db rating.
- Spacious designs created to accommodate specialist equipment such as integral oxygen cylinders and leg rests as well as a parked wheelchair.
- Weight-bearing ceiling track hoists.
On top of creating a space that complies with strict health and safety features, the design options and finishes are endless to create a tailored learning environment that is bespoke to your nursery’s needs.
If you’d like some more information on projects we have previously successfully delivered, explore our testimonials and brochure. Or, to get in contact with our friendly team for a discussion, give us a call on 01744 851 958, fill out our contact form or request a call back.
Published: Aug 13 2021 in Sectors