Regardless of building usage, schools are struggling for space. Whether it’s an additional room for recreational activities, new changing facilities for your sports department, a building dedicated to a certain subject discipline or a separate space to host breakfast club, modular buildings can help your school function more efficiently.
The Perfect Solution For A Breakfast Club
The main purpose of a breakfast club is to provide a safe, secure environment before school, where children can have breakfast and take part in activities. They are also important in providing before-school childcare for a lot of families. Breakfast clubs are often unique to each school. Some may provide more basic activities such as board games, colouring and computer time. Some incorporate exercise, such as ‘Wake Up Shake Up’ to add some movement in. Due to the wide range of activities that take place, the facilities they take place in have to be suitably equipped.
As well as easing parental stress in the mornings, breakfast clubs provide benefits to children as well, such as:
- Improved concentration
- Improved attendance and punctuality
- Better behaviour
According to research, 85% of primary schools have a breakfast club. However, if your school doesn’t have a club, there may be the potential to start one in a specially designed modular building.
Configured For Education
To be able to effectively expand your school or nursery to accommodate growing pupil intake, a modular building might be the best way to provide a fast, cost-effective, well-equipped and unique space for your school.
The three main benefits of a Springfield modular building as opposed to a traditional brick and mortar extension are:
- Fast Turnaround Times: We can deliver your portable classroom in just a few weeks if needed.
- Cost Savings: Our off-site methods mean that costs for portable classrooms are lower cost.
- Less Disruption: Buildings are constructed off-site and delivered to be installed at your school. This means we will only need to be on site for a matter of days – limiting the disruption for your pupils.
In addition to these main benefits, our buildings can be configured to suit your educational requirements, whether that is a classroom, changing rooms, IT suites or indeed breakfast clubs. They are a versatile and adaptable solution, that can always be changed at a later date as your space requirements change.
Of course, we would make your new educational building child friendly. Some features we could include are:
- Anti-scald taps
- Door and window finger guards
- Lighting proven to enhance learning
- Electronically controlled roof sky lights with automated ventilation management and rain sensors
- Alternative resource provision upgrades:
- Intervention rooms
- Access control on external doors
- Heavy duty plasterboard to provide increased impact resistance & sound proofing to a 35db rating
Trust In Springfield
We have a very talented and qualified team when it comes to modular buildings and the education sector, so please feel assured that we can help you to create a brilliant learning environment. If you need a little more assurance, you can take a look at our testimonials and case studies or watch our YouTube video to find out more. Alternatively, call us on 01744 851958 for a helpful discussion about your requirements.
Published: Mar 06 2020 in Sectors