The healthcare sector is under a serious amount of pressure. People are living longer, medicine is becoming more expensive and local healthcare bodies are constantly put under financial strain. Due to this, affordable, clean, bright and comfortable environments that are designed to be expanded upon are essential for staff and patients.
Specifically, a modular pharmacy can make a significant, positive change to your private or NHS hospital. We can create the right bespoke spaces with you to help make the pharmacist’s job more comfortable and efficient.
Why is Modular Design The Best Option For Hospitals?
A modular pharmacy offers advantages that the design of traditional buildings cannot compete with. Modular construction provides faster, cheaper and overall more convenient installation processes, which are ideal for healthcare facilities. Namely:
- Modular buildings are manufactured off-site and can be erected in a matter of days or weeks, as opposed to months.
- Materials are tested and in our ISO-approved workshop in St Helens, ready to be delivered and installed on-site in a matter of days, to provide you with a high sense of security that your building will be exactly as designed.
- Our buildings are manufactured to last, and our building process means that there is less waste than with traditional building methods which also means less expense.
- A lower project timeline equals lower labour costs.
- Thanks to the speed of the project, the workforce may only be on-site for a few days.
- The construction will create less noise compared to with a traditional building, allowing your healthcare facility to operate at its highest efficiency with minimum disruption for patients and staff.
What Are The Advantages Of A Modular Pharmacy?
Opting for a modular pharmacy will provide you with a whole host of benefits, including:
- Reduction of congestion in and around your hospital, as patients go elsewhere to pick up their prescriptions.
- Reduction of stress on available parking spaces on hospital grounds.
- Your modular pharmacy can be delivered and installed to your location of choice, whether this is on hospital grounds or at a different site. It could be built as an addition to your main NHS hospital site, or off-site for patient convenience.
- Modular construction is a highly versatile form of construction. Based on the building type you choose; your modular pharmacy could be single or multi- stories to take full advantage of the space you have available.
- A modular pharmacy can be constructed as a standalone building, but also can be designed with expansion in mind. When built on-site it can be designed to be integrated into your existing building and aesthetically designed to suit its surrounding if desired.
- A modular pharmacy can be reduced, enlarged or adapted to meet the changing needs of your patients and staff. Growth can be easily accommodated with a modular build within a few days, whereas a traditional build would require months of planning, design and work.
Put Your Trust In Us
Our extensive experience in manufacturing modular healthcare buildings means we know the unique and complex needs that come with these building types.
- Portable GP surgeries
- Modular clinics
- Portable pharmacy
- Waiting rooms
- Portable consulting rooms
We offer a completely bespoke turnkey service for our clients. You have the option to choose either to design a new, custom-made building, or to retrofit a building from our existing fleet. With either choice, we strive to construct your healthcare building, your way.
If you would like more information about how we can create a healthcare facility for you, fill out our contact form or give us a call on 01744 851958.
Published: Jan 24 2020 in Sectors