There is no doubting that some people still have reservations about opting for modular design as opposed to traditional brick and mortar builds. But with new digitisation technology, design, and delivery, modular’s moment has definitely arrived.
Taking A Modular Approach
Modular construction provides a well-designed, affordable and sustainable option. In recent years, architects, developers, and investors look to modular building as a way to guarantee the delivery of high quality, precision-built construction projects – and not just in the UK, but globally.
Precision-built building designed, developed, and delivered using the latest digital technology ensures that good design is replicated time and time again, whether that is in the education sector, for healthcare buildings or even creating prefabricated housing. Good design also means greener processes and buildings. Modular construction uses 20-30% less energy than traditional methods, according to the Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee. And of course, financially, opting for modular costs no more than traditional bricks and mortar construction and with the consideration of time, is often less.
Here are some other key advantages of modular:
- Quicker and Easier Construction and Installation: portable buildings can be built and installed in a fraction of the time compared to traditional builds.
- Bespoke Space: You’ll work with our experienced designers to create a flexible design and layout that works for your needs and requirements.
- Quality & Value: Our modular buildings are manufactured in the UK in our ISO-approved workshop. You can therefore expect nothing but the highest quality and finish, within your required budget.
- Custom Finishes & Fittings: Every element of our buildings can be customised to your unique requirements.
- Accustomed to Growth: Our off-site construction means we can create modules to add to your building at a later date.
- Hire or Buy: we offer bespoke hiring or buying solutions based on what you need and how quickly you need it, all at an affordable price.
For further information about the advantages of choosing modular, check out more of our recent news articles.
An Example Of An Award-Winning Modular Structure
To further showcase that modular can be beautiful and innovative, a glass-fronted eatery in Duke of York Square won an architectural award after being built entirely offsite. This provides a great example of the wide application of building types and industries that modular buildings can be a fantastic asset to. As more architects and contractors utilise offsite manufacturing techniques we can expect more culturally significant modular buildings to emerge, eradicating the memory of grey box-style portable buildings, and for more people to trust the ever-evolving and efficient process of choosing modular construction.
If you are considering hiring or buying a modular building, let us know what you need, and we will set about making it happen. If you are unsure whether what we offer can match what you are looking for, take a look at our available stock and building types for some inspiration, and then get in touch with our expert team directly.
Additionally, if you’d like some more information on projects we have previously successfully delivered, take a look at our case studies, testimonials and brochure. Or, to get in contact with our expert team for a friendly discussion, give us a call on 01744 851 958, fill out our contact form, or request a call back.
Published: Apr 30 2021 in Industry News